Thank you to all of our students who attended last week's continuing education course, Mold is Money.
At the class we were asked two (2) questions that we promised a blog follow-up so here goes:
1. Drywall has an overlay on both sides of the sheetrock to allow for taping and spackling, but remember to keep the treated side pointed toward the outside of the structure to avoid mold.
2. There are many different mold remediation certifying bodies and types of certifications out there. Below are what we believe to be the top 3 certifications.
- American Council for Accredited Certifications (ACAC). They have:
- Certified Indoor Microbial Remediator (CMR)
- Certified Indoor Environmentalist (CIE) ( I have this cert.)
- Professional Mold Inspection Institute
- Certified Residential Mold Inspector (CRMI)
- Certified Commercial Mold Inspector (CCMI)
- Certified Mold Remediator (CMR)
- Institute of Inspection Cleaning & Restoration Certification (IICRC)
- Mold Removal Specialist (MRS)
If there are any other questions please feel free to contact our Mold Instructor, Scott Perry, CIE at (516)983-6841 or email@example.com