Legal Analysts

Thursday, October 05, 2017

Real Estate Salesperson FAQ: NY CE Requirements and Switching Broker of Record

A Real Estate Salesperson recently asked the following question:

Question: "If a broker released my license, can I still take the CE 22.5 hours and get credit towards my license? Or do I have to wait until a broker hires me? "

Answer (from The Department of State of NY): A renewal license will be issued to any licensee eligible to renew who has not been expired over 2 years, has completed the 22.5 hours of continuing education or is exempt and is associated with a broker at the time of renewal. There is nothing in the continuing education regulations that require a sponsoring broker be in place to be eligible to complete continuing education.