Some highlights include the following:
- Over 20,000 more foreclosure cases were pending in 2010 than 2009;
- 40% of the total cases pending in Supreme Court Suffolk County are foreclosures;
- This year through October 42,536 foreclosure cases had settlement conferences;
- In 2010, the default rate on appearing at any point during a foreclosure case was 20% by homeowners;
- Only 27% of homeowners have representation during foreclosure settlement conferences; and
- This year through October only 4,062 settlements occurred in foreclosures.